OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2022 16:29:07 -0500
I got a late start this afternoon - the other football game went into overtime.
I was thinking of hitting Fernald for a try for a December Lincoln’s sparrow,
But will try later this week when more time. I did a lot of bushwhacking along
The connector trail area. Looking for owls roosting in tangles. No success.
Someday Saw whet for Ohio! Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised at how
Birdy the area was - especially after Sat. Was it the better weather today?
Or just lots more birds here at Armleder?
Highlights -
2 RT Hawks. None yesterday
1 Brown Creeper
28 YR Warblers
125 Robins
4 Downy Woodpeckers - none yesterday!

And a Red headed Woodpecker at the canoe launch area. Only my second for
Armleder! I checked with my locations and ebird. Easy. There’s no oaks here
That I know of. I know this bird can be found outside of oak woodlands.

A lowlight was no sparrows at the Canoe launch. Where did they all go?!

The birds were feasting on poison ivy berries mainly this afternoon. Armleder
Is known for its poison ivy….

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini