OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2019

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Karen Zeleznik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 15 Apr 2019 14:34:10 -0400575_utf-8 It is my understanding that the Listserv was originally intended as a way of conveying rare bird sightings only.

Over time, that function has changed. Folks can debate the merits of that if they would like.

As for what is useful, while many reports on here are not about "rare birds", many are still quite useful for folks who want to see how migration is happening, or are just interested in what others are seeing. While I am an avid user of eBird and believe that it represents a powerful evolving tool of citizen science, not everyone uses it or [...][log in to unmask]
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2019 08:17:13 -0400