OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2021 18:45:37 -0500
Everything is up north! The Old highland stone gravel pits in Highland
county was very good. Lots of waterfowl on the pond. A lot I couldn't
even id with the distance and the wind causing scope shake! Heres
what I managed -
1 gadwall
27 redhead
20 ringnecked
1 lesser scaup
2 Ruddy
19 pied billed grebes
460 Coot
and 500 duck sp. Which a lot are probably coot, so will look for a better
ebird entry for that.
I was looking for Shrike..... send one south.....
picked up 5 highland birds. That wasnt the goal. But nice! Am striking out
on big year birds, stuck on 237.

Indian creek was very slow. No idea why. No waterfowl. Hardly any sparrows.

Ditto for east fork south beach. Really?? Where did those ducks go!

Nature notes - a few butterflies and dragonflies. Since I had some sun and
very warm - makes sense!

Am thinking Brookville Dam area in Indiana sat. Since I cant make the
ASO Sunday trip there.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini