OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2018 15:41:44 +0000
 Bill - you're a real piece of work.  And that's putting it VERY mildly.
Carlton SchooleyStrasburg (Tuscarawas)

    On Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 5:27:00 PM EST, Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Carlton--
    Thanks for the references. I'm less than happy with off-hand references
to OKs offered by unknown persons. The Baird's sparrow, backed up by
Trautman, is another matter, also because a specimen was involved. Your
search through Peterjohn will avail you nothing on the
tern. These days species are not added without data; if there are photos
or descriptions at least they should be available. Peterjohn need not
repeat these data, but the should be made available, and the Bird
Records Committee would be a good place to keep them; otherwise
you will have to look--not through your Peterjohn--to find them. Why not
store them at the OBRC?
Thanks,
Bill