OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2021 19:59:45 -0500
They were reported this morning by Brian W. I was keeping my fingers
crossed they would stick. Still there late afternoon. Probably roosting for
the night there. I hope they stick. They will probably head out to nearby
farm fields at times to feed. They were on the Weapons to Wetlands
pond. But birds move! Check lodge pond also. Loads of a lot of duck species
there. There is a small area of open water. The rest of the pond is frozen.
Ditto for the lodge pond.

I am not mentioning Rough legged Hawk.....

Up to 61 for the SW Ohio big year. There are ways to get a number from ebird.
But its much easier just keeping an excel chart. ebird central keeps adding
ways to chart just your own data with whats entered into ebird. So hopefully
a way to count multiple counties someday.

Wed. is Caeser Creek. I was going to explore here Monday, but a little bird
named Wheatear beckoned. Great bird!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini