OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2020

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 May 2020 12:44:50 -0400
Pleasant morning at the reserve. Had some good birds in between dodging trail runners and walkers showing no interest in masks or social distancing.

Best was a perched and singing male Kentucky Warbler. Great views and hoping I got some decent photos.

I’ve heard chats this year at the reserve but finally saw 2 Chats well today, one going through its wonderful repertoire of chat noises.

Other warblers:
Chestnut-sided
Am Redstart (f)
Hooded (h)
Yellow
Com YT
Magnolia

E Kingbird—FOS
Catbirds
BG Gnats
Tree Swallows
Red-tailed Hawk perched in the forest more like a Red-shouldered.
Hairy WP
Peewee
Acadian FC
E Phoebe