OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2024

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2024 16:37:26 -0500
I completely switched directions when I heard the Dunlin was still at East
Fork. Clermont county bird! Off I went. And of course didn’t find. It moves
Around. I had given up and started birding elsewhere when I got a text
It was found. Thanks Bill! Its main spot - when it’s at south beach - is
The west end right before the rocks. That’s not a Jan. Bird. I had the
One at Middletown in Butler. Clermont bird 199!

Driving the roads in the state park - Andrew found us a Coopers. Bird number
90! Waterfowl is starting to congregate there - Common Merg - 91! Goldeneye
Scaup, etc. Waterfowl around Butler county also. I presume these
Birds are heading back north?? Winter weather isn’t done yet! I hope the
Cold is though. I was actually warm today!

I tried for the LBBG at Furfield in Butler. Nope. I missed by an hour…….Andrew
Had later….. ! Those gulls go in and out there. Afternoon and early morning are
Best. Typical gull roost area.

I beat my 2023 Jan 100. In my SW area. 90 last year. And last year was birding
Warren, butler, Hamilton, Clermont. I had forgotten I was all over. 100 is possible
Still, but I can’t keep missing……

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini