OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2020

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2020 13:42:05 -0400
I had to abandon my walk at the bio Reserve this morning—there seemed to be an entire track team running the trails there with little social distancing or masks plus the general commotion wasn’t conducive to birding. I heard a White-eyed Vireo and saw a House Wren but not much else.

The land lab was more serene until a loud pump was turned on near the big pond. There was still a lot of activity by the fruiting white oak tree. I saw family groups of mockingbirds, Baltimore Orioles, Red-headed WPs (got great looks at a juvenile), lots of N Flickers, a juv Cedar Waxwing as well as Starlings and Robins. I had a brief look at the female Summer Tanager.

Indigo Buntings, incl juveniles, perched & singing, E Kingbirds. 3 Killdeer by the school. Heard Bluebirds.

Peggy Wang
Granville
Sent from my iPad