OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2021 21:00:37 -0500
I am pretty sure they have been here. But don't hold me to that!
I don't chase too much. I like to explore and find my own birds.
But I would like to hit 250 for my SW Ohio big year!

 I had 5. In with the Canada Geese at the SE corner area. At dusk,
so not sure if there during the day all the time. I think so. Andrew
had during the day. And I thought I would hit on my way home
if still light. Barely light! I called Andrew. Couldn't waste time here!
He guided me right in to where they are. He's a good friend!

The big freeze is on for the next few days or so. Maybe some winter
finches at feeders! I keep looking! Am up to 95 for ohio for Jan.
And since I want to explore SW Ohio the next several days, doubtful
I will hit 100 for Jan. Good luck and congrats to those who want to
or  who already did it!

My favorite birding site at present is probably all the cardinals I see.
In one spot! And mostly adult male! Just that splash of red on a dreary
day is so uplifting!

And numbers. To see uncountable numbers of waterfowl and gulls.
Ashame it was so cold and windy!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini