OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2021 14:51:37 -0500
I decided to head up here to explore the area, good birds can be had at
water treatment areas. I only had an hour, no Tree Swallows while I was there.
a nice variety of species this exceedingly warm winter day though.
70 degrees.....

2 Ruby crowned Kinglets lingering. 3 Yellow rumped warblers there.
A kestrel was working a field. And a warbler sp. I believe Cape May
with the structure, but want to look at a few other species in my
books to be 100% sure. Poor look...... I might leave at warbler sp.
And of course this was as i walked back to my car as I had to get
home. Couldn't linger here in other words......

Botany notes - I found some pdf lists of various species to be found
in different habitats. The ODNR web site I believe it was. I will print
these out. And get ready for exploring! I thought I would be closer to
300 in Ohio birds life by now. But haven't been chasing much.
I'll be chasing a bit more next year.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini