OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2010

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dennis McDonnell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis McDonnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2010 19:51:39 -0800
    It seems that the gulls that had been gathered at E.72nd st. have moved into the Cuyahoga River.  Today near sunset I encountered LOTS of them all the way from the Conrail bridge at the mouth of the river upstream past the Sherwin Williams plant, most of which was open water except for a sizable area by the Plain Dealer pavillion, numbers similar to what had been on the lake two or three weeks ago.  They are easily viewable from a parking lot near the northernmost end of what used to be called the East bank of the flats, nearly all of which is now a ghost street being readied for re-development (if the economy ever rebounds).

  Also, Saturday there was a green winged teal in the Cuyahoga on the north side of  Bath Road near the blue heron nesting grounds, which, I was told, had been there for a day or two.

http://www.pbase.com/tileman533/image/122597891

Denny McDonnell
Euclid