OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2022 17:51:30 -0500
The EBird summary I took the pin coordinates from for the Harris’ Sparrow were incorrect but fortunately a birder on this list sent me the correct ones while I was still in the area so I was able to find the right location.

 It took a little while but I finally saw the Harris’ Sparrow come into the feeders by the house. The owner returned home shortly after that and he told me it was fine that I was there which was nice. I did not drive up his driveway or get too close to the house as I didn’t have a chance to ask him what the protocol was but there was a small space at the bottom of his driveway where I was able to park my car off the road, then I walked the driveway.

While I was looking for the Harris’ amongst the White-throated and a few White-crowned Sparrows, I enjoyed looking at a few Red-headed WPs who are also coming to the feeders as well as picking up corn amongst some birdseed that’s laid out on one side of his driveway. Other birds included both nuthatches, Yellow-rumped Warblers, juncos, chickadees, titmice, goldfinches (which are starting to turn gold), Red-bellied WP, robins, starlings, doves.

All in all, a sunny, warmer, pleasant day.

If someone needs the location, pls email me off list. Since I didn’t ask the owner if it was ok to post his address, I’d rather not put it on this list altho I understand it’s on the Chase Birds FB page. Roads are fine until you get to Hwy 4 which is compacted sleet/snow that is turning to ice. There is some sand spread on it and I did not have any trouble with my AWD SUV. Fortunately, I did not run into v many cars which might have been a bit dicey.

Peggy Wang
Granville
Sent from my iPad