OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2022 22:09:20 -0400
What a difference 3 weeks makes. I was on an international bird tour so I missed the end of fall migration here.

Denison was quiet but the leaves still have good color so it was a pleasant walk.

I picked up my FOS White-throated Sparrows. When I got home, my FOS junco zipped by.

At Denison, I saw a couple Ruby-crowned Kinglets. One was showing off its ruby crown. Nearby was a juv White-eyed Vireo. My guess is it was a lingering late brood bird.

Aside from 3 Wood Ducks and a Red-tailed Hawk, not much else was around besides the usual cardinals, blue jays & song sparrows.

Peggy Wang
Granville

Sent from my iPhone