OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2021 19:10:42 -0400
The rain held off long enough at Blacklick to get some decent birding in although most of the birds were pretty high in the trees that are steadily leafing out more and more making identification more frustrating. Good birdsong tho.

Saw a pair of BG Gnats putting the finishing touches on a nest right by the main trail.

FOY
BT Blue
Chestnut-sided
Magnolia
Blackpoll-heard (H)

Brown Thrasher
Veery-H
Acadian FC-H

Other warblers
Blue-winged
B&W
BT Green
Nashville
Ovenbird H
N Waterthrush
Blackburnian H
Tennessee
Com YT
N Parula H
Hooded H

Yellow-throated Vireo—nice looks at pair
WE Vireo H
Swainsons Thrush
Wood Thrush
RC kinglet
Red-headed WP
GC FC H
Scarlet Tanager male
RB Grosbeak H

Denison Bio Reserve
In the late afternoon, after another rain storm, I went to the reserve. Was pleased to get great views of a male Kentucky Warbler, watching him sing, perch briefly only to disappear again in the undergrowth, then popping up in a different spot.

E Towhees & Baltimore Orioles were chasing each other around as were yellow warblers.

Warblers
KY
Yellow
Ovenbird