OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2020

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 2020 21:40:50 -0400
No Bald Eagle! I have been getting so used to them at lost
bridge! I figured they were everywhere. No. Pine Siskin - no.
Gee, I hope I see in ohio during this major irruption going on!
I was running Clermont to learn it a bit. And today did give me
an idea of the county!

And I got a late start. Too much going on at home.
Kelley nature preserve was great! And I knew where to
hit here. Andrew showed me around on Monday.
Magnolia Warbler, Tennessee, Winter Wren, catbirds,
towhees, etc.

Long branch farm - again, Andrew had the Sapsucker staked
out for me! Picked up a few more species.

Rowe woods - picked up Thrasher, but it was quiet here. Time
of day and noisy with people.

Birds while driving. A beautiful drive with all the trees and rolling
hills. And Rock Pigeons, doves, house sparrows, etc.

East Fork state park - I could have spent all day here! But I hit
many spots around the county learning places. Finally, gulls.
I like gulls. South Beach had Bonies and Ring billed.

More driving birding. I had farm fields. Killdeer. but no Horned
Larks!

Then a couple of Ohio River hot spots. Quiet. But kept picking
up birds! Mallard, Canada Goose, House Finch.....etc.

 8 1/2 hours from driveway back to driveway. A fun day!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini