OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Romeo, Sam" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Romeo, Sam
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2018 14:59:43 +0000
I always use ebird.org and its hotspot locator (http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspots)

Simply type in the location where you are going in the top right search bar - the interactive map will take to that area. You can move the map around (just like google maps) and find the markers that are red or orange. This indicates a higher species count at that spot and from there, you can see what birds have been most recently seen (you can find a great target species to hunt down-like a Greater Roadrunner!). I use this for all of my trips if I cannot find any good recommendations.

Hope this helps.

Sam Romeo

Environmental Educator

Aullwood Audubon Center and Farm