OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2017

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2017 00:58:58 +0000
Bird was reported by Paul Jacyk at 7:10pm this evening.

V/r

Jeremy Dominguez

Greene Co. Ohio

On May 31, 2017, at 8:55 PM, Erica Szeyller <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

This is for those of you that saw the ebird submissions about the

Pacific Loon seen on 5/30 and 5/31 on Alum Creek Reservoir.

Disclaimer: I do not have a scope, and my binocs are 8x

I arrived at Alum Creek SP around 6pm tonight (5/31) scanned the water

at a number of areas above and below the Cheshire Road Bridge, including:

-south of the bridge on the west side from within the camp ground (they

will give a 30 minute visitor pass if you ask nicely)

-north of the bridge on the west side from the camp ground boat launch

-north of the bridge on the east side at one of the mountain bike

parking areas (the sun was really inhibiting my view here and the water

was really rough on the east side)

-south of the bridge on the east side at the first pull off parking area

- this area was a bit further south than when I looked on the west side

and again the water was pretty choppy.

This is a pretty big area, it is very possible that the bird just

relocated on the lake (or that I missed it). I am very interested to

hear if other folks were able to locate the bird.

Good Birding,

Erica Szeyller

listserv.miamioh.edu/scripts/wa.exe?LIST=OHIO-BIRDS<http://listserv.miamioh.edu/scripts/wa.exe?LIST=OHIO-BIRDS>

Send questions or comments about the list to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>