OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2023 14:19:59 -0400
I was debating with myself last night. And even this morning! I only had 1/2 day.
This spot at the north end of Butler has extensive older forest. There was still
A lot singing. No Blue-winged Warbler which was my goal! Hopefully fall migration
For that missing big year species. I didn’t cover much ground. Was spending my
Time scanning around a lot. I was hoping the power line cut would have the target.
It probably does. But with my lousy hearing…..
White eyed, yellow throated, red eyed vireos. Wood thrush, both Tanagers,
Ovenbirds - difficult to see! One was close. But eluded a sight. Heard only!
Yellow warbler, chat. Just when I had to leave - tree work estimates at a couple
Properties - it was getting good for butterflies. Sun was emerging! Oh well.

I hope to get back up here in July, but I might not make it. I will be concentrating
On Adams, highland, sciotto counties. And that lovely Cedar bog nature preserve.

I am glad I went to Hueston woods this morning. Long drive for me, but last shot
At trying for Hooded, Worm eating, etc. I’ll be on vacation again.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini