OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2022 22:46:34 -0400
Went to the reserve when the sun started peeking out. More bird song but pretty much the same birds.

I think there were 2 N Parulas today. Only saw one but heard 2 somewhat different songs altho could have been same bird but seemed to come from different spots. Such a lovely warbler Handful of Yellow-rumpeds. Heard a Yellow-throated Warbler singing across the street from the reserve as I left. Also heard one in my backyard later.

Only new bird for the year was a heard House Wren.

A couple WE Vireos singing and saw them briefly. Lots of RC Kinglets. BG Gnatcatchers.

Kingfisher flew across one of the ponds. Heard a Pileated.

White-throated Sparrows singing and easy to find. Field & Song.

I witnessed an amusing squirrel tussle. A ticked off Red Squirrel was chasing a much larger Gray Squirrel. They both nearly ran over my boots. The Red was chattering at the Gray the whole time as they crossed the path then whipped up and around a tree them kept on going. Pretty funny to watch.

Peggy Wang
Granville

Sent from my iPhone