OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2021 19:22:31 -0400
Andrew and I went chasing today! Success with the three species we went for.

Little Blue Heron - Ellis Wetlands - was close to the paved path. Mid way
between the firebird and the seward ave. parking areas. If it stays where we
had it, scope is not needed. But birds move......

The M Kites at the Montgomery county spot were elusive at first. But cooperated
later. Englewood metro park or something like that. Its in ebird. The open sky by
that picnic area, service road, and volleyball net was the spot. Keep looking at the
treeline and up. They are probably breeding there.

Bobolinks - Voice of America, Butler. 2 at the Cricket field area. Thats not many.
i hope they are doing ok there. Seems like great habitat with the grass meadows.

The Heron and Bobolinks were SW Ohio big year birds. The Kite was just an
ohio bird! I'll keep looking up as I explore. With all these cicadas, Kites should
be more numerous.

good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini