OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 01:38:06 +0000
My answer to Steve's question would be this.  Estimate the number you did see/hear.  eBird isn't asking for a complete survey of the area you birded during the time you were there.  It asks you to report the number of each species that you identified while you were there.  If you are sure Downy Woodpecker was present (maybe because you've identified at least one at that location the previous 99 times you were there) but didn't identify one, do not record Downy Woodpecker on that checklist.  Hope this makes sense.
Carlton SchooleyStrasburg (Tuscarawas)