OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2017

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2017 02:52:44 +0000
In my opinion, The Ohio Birding Community owes a big thanks to Tania Perry, host of the visiting Delaware County Calliope Hummingbird, for what she has done to provide viewing opportunities to all visitors, probably already in the hundreds, that have presently come to see the western celebrity. Each morning she has taken the time to give an immediate update of the little guys presence on The Ohio Birds listserv, she has went above and beyond granting access to her property, and if she can she seems to take the time to greet the birders that are beating a path into her backyard. Also, she should be commended for setting up the viewing area, especially the very professional job creating a viewing boundary with the yellow caution tape. Of all the birding rarities I have ever went to see at an individual's property, Tania definitely gets the award for being the most gracious host. If the little guy sticks around for a while, I believe it will probably have had more birders come to see it than any other rarity that has been around in Ohio.

Bob Lane / presently in Orangeburg, South Carolina