OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2011

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:16:41 -0400
Greetings, in talking with Jerry Talkington, Dan Sanders and Doreene Linzell this morning, who are posted up doing lake watches at HBSP and Sunset Park, BRANT are moving by in great numbers. Flocks of 30, 8, 25, and I had a flock of 10 from Rocky River Park on this morning's Cleveland Metroparks birding-the-lakefront program.

Additionally scoters are moving in good numbers, plus American Black Ducks, pintail, Green-winged Teal, Red-breasted Merganser, American Wigeon, and a few Common Loons, Horned Grebes, and Jerry and Ray Hannikman had a single RED-NECKED GREBE pass by.

With the strong N winds today should continue to produce. Rain fronts and passing through making for some tough scoping. Visibility is fair.

For more on NE Ohio lake watching, check out:

Http://www.northnw.wordpress.com

JB

Jen Brumfield
Cleveland, OH