OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2021 15:24:47 -0400
No Least Bittern! It looks perfect though. I didn't explore the marsh area
to the north, the dirt paths aren't mowed. I spent time at the viewing
platform. Scanning the reeds, or maybe one in flight. Nope! I need marsh
birds for my big year. So will still be exploring various marshy areas.
Maybe Ellis Lake next time. I still need Marsh Wren yet too. A flyover Kite....
There was one in Clermont County. Etc.

I did however hear a Grasshopper Sparrow sound off in that beautiful
field I walked next to. It must have been right at the edge for me to hear it....!
county bird. No Henslows here. That I could here.

There was a lot of activity here. Birds are singing, feeding young.
Displaying! Jen and I watched a YB Cuckoo displaying. Neat!

Nature notes - lots of dragonflies here. Nothing different for me though
for Ohio. I would love to hit Pike County for odes! But somewhere on a
level dirt path! No bog wading..... next year maybe.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini