OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2022 12:59:56 -0400
We birded around Buck Creek State Park in Clark County this morning. At the
northeast access off Grant Road we found three  Great Egrets and several
species of shorebirds including a Pectoral Sandpiper, a Least Sandpiper,
three Greater Yellowlegs, two Wilson's Snipe, 14 Dunlins, and about 80
Killdeer. Also on the mudflats were two American Pipits.  We also saw lots
of White-throated Sparrows and at least two Fox Sparrows. You will need a
scope and will have to walk along the edge of the mudflats to view the
entire area.

After that we drove to the beach at the south end of the lake to look for
ducks. We found a small flock that contained 8 Surf Scoters, 8 Ring-necked
Ducks, 4 Lesser Scaup, and a Ruddy Duck. Also on the lake were Pied-billed
and Horned Grebes, and Common Loons.

Doug Overacker
Springfield, Ohio