OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2024

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2024 18:10:54 -0500
Marianne found cranes on the ice. I was debating the drive up.
I am so used to stuff moving within a few hours! But am checking
Out the big lakes with this freeze. And Acton Lake is 95 percent frozen.
Wow! Anyway, 92 at least Cranes lined up in a packed row on the ice! I thought
They were going to roost there, but after seeing them in Butler County,
Trudging back to my car - taking breaks up that hill! And driving around
To the Lodge to check the view from there, they were gone! Flew off somewhere.
Jan. 100 bird number 87. Inching up there! And Tundra Swans were there.
Canada geese, mallards, and a couple Black ducks was the waterfowl here.

No success with Cowbird, Horned Lark. I drove some field areas. Still hoping
A Coopers flies in front of me too!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini