OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2018 22:45:05 -0400
Thanks to Dan Best for sharing the good news of a "Loon Fallout" (I hope the
Warblers 'fall out' in similar fashion in May).  I arrived at Bass Lake
Preserve at 6:00pm and got some photos and counted 280 Common Loons (posted
on eBird).  Another Geauga Park naturalist, John Kohler, posted on eBird 200
Loons on LaDue Reservoir after 6:30pm tonight.  That's almost 500 loons in
one day. Makes you wonder what is happening at the other nearby large lakes
like East Branch, Punderson, Aquilla, Walter Best Preserve and Mosquito
Creek Reservoir.

 Pretty special and a good reason to get out there tomorrow and enjoy the
spectacle - rain or shine.

Matt Valencic

"It is in giving that we receive."