OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2017

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stefan Minnig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stefan Minnig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2017 19:53:36 +0000
The Surf Scoter found by Eric Elvert a few days back continues at Eastwood Metropark in Montgomery County (Dayton, Ohio) as of 1pm today. The scoter was located in the lagoon opposite the main lake. Take the lakeside entrance and drive back to the gravel lot to the west. The lagoon (shows up as "Blue Lake" on Google Maps) with the scoter will be on the left; the lake on the right. The scoter was close to the far west side of the lagoon, and it's very easy to miss. I lost it more than once. A scope would be extremely helpful.

Stefan Minnig