OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2020

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Myles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Myles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2020 11:12:32 -0400
All,

Below his my ebird report for Ottawa NWR south woods and trailhead parking area.  This is by far the best spring migration birding day of the season.  22 Warbler species mostly found on the east side and south side trails.  This is the wave we were waiting for.  Winds were keeping most of the birds down for great views.  We saw very few people, so social distancing was not an issue.

Good birding

Ottawa NWR--Walking Trail Woodland
May 15, 2020
7:26 AM
Traveling
2.00 miles
120 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.9.6 Build 18

8 Canada Goose
6 Trumpeter Swan
2 Wood Duck
1 Common Gallinule
2 Killdeer
6 Ring-billed Gull
2 Great Blue Heron
4 Great Egret
1 Snowy Egret
6 Turkey Vulture
1 Cooper's Hawk
2 Bald Eagle
1 Red-headed Woodpecker
3 Red-bellied Woodpecker
4 Downy Woodpecker
1 Northern Flicker
1 Eastern Wood-Pewee
2 Willow Flycatcher
6 Alder/Willow Flycatcher (Traill's Flycatcher)
1 Least Flycatcher
3 Eastern Phoebe
4 Great Crested Flycatcher
1 Eastern Kingbird
3 Blue-headed Vireo
5 Warbling Vireo
11 Blue Jay
3 Black-capped Chickadee
1 Tufted Titmouse
16 Purple Martin
25 Tree Swallow
6 Barn Swallow
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
4 White-breasted Nuthatch
3 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
6 House Wren
17 Gray Catbird
2 Veery
15 Swainson's Thrush
2 Wood Thrush
6 American Robin
12 Cedar Waxwing -- One flock
2 American Goldfinch
5 White-crowned Sparrow
2 Song Sparrow
7 Baltimore Oriole
25 Red-winged Blackbird
4 Brown-headed Cowbird
12 Common Grackle
10 Ovenbird
7 Black-and-white Warbler
2 Prothonotary Warbler
5 Tennessee Warbler
6 Nashville Warbler
1 Mourning Warbler -- Between ranger station and boardwalk
3 Common Yellowthroat
1 Hooded Warbler -- Female
11 American Redstart
3 Cape May Warbler
5 Northern Parula
15 Magnolia Warbler
2 Bay-breasted Warbler
9 Blackburnian Warbler
12 Yellow Warbler
11 Chestnut-sided Warbler
5 Black-throated Blue Warbler
10 Palm Warbler
11 Yellow-rumped Warbler
8 Black-throated Green Warbler
1 Canada Warbler -- Between ranger station and boardwalk
4 Wilson's Warbler
2 Scarlet Tanager
5 Northern Cardinal
4 Rose-breasted Grosbeak