OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2016

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nancy Obryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Obryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:40:38 +0000
Early yesterday evening:

1 Ruby-Crowned Kinglet

1 Golden-Crowned Kinglet

1 Lincoln Sparrow

2 or more White-Throated Sparrows

3 or more Song Sparrows

1 White-Crowned Sparrow

1 Chipping Sparrow

1 Catbird

1 Bluebird

! Pileated Woodpecker

I had never seen a Golden-Crowned Kinglet flashing its orange stripe before--but they were flashing yesterday and Monday--beautiful! An even better surprise came shortly after I came inside when my husband called me over to look through our kitchen door: a mink was walking across our driveway!

Monday:

5 or more Ruby-Crowned Kinglets

1 Golden-Crowned Kinglet

1 Red-Tailed Hawk