OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2023 19:22:32 -0500
Are back. The fields are thawed and looking nice! I would love to do
A spring shorebird survey here again! 5 teal, loads of Mallards, a few
Black ducks, one Gadwall, 2 Killdeer. No snipe that I could find. They are
There! I couldn’t relocate the wigeon from Friday either. I am learning
Birds don’t stick a lot of times in SW Ohio. Depends on the species and
Location. Up to 81 for my Butler big year. I'll know by the end of March
Whether I am still on track for 200.  I was hoping for a few more winter
Somewhat rare birds. Scoters, etc. March will be the key. I am leaving
Soon on vacation. Birding of course! But going to miss 11 days or so here.
I am sure something good will show up…..

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini