OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2023 18:31:45 -0400
Phoebe back. I finally tracked down a snipe at Ellis yesterday. And I had
Pipits yesterday. I checked an area that Marianne has had before. Beautiful
Spot - good habitat. And best of all no traffic! I am not used to these roads
With no shoulder to pull off on.

And today I hit a warehouse pond that was discovered last year by Matt.
It’s actually still looking good for some shorebirds! Yea! I went to check it
Out. Marianne had a Greater Yellowlegs there this morning. Gone by the afternoon
When I got there - stuff to do in the morning again….. - anyway the 2 Least
Sandpipers came back. That’s early! They have been there a couple days is it?
I am losing track. Over to Ellis. No missing Greater Yellowlegs. Over to Gilmore -
I need to scope those corms nesting - hey if a neotropic is nesting near Columbus!
Next time I will lug the scope in. I get a call from Andrew - did you see the Greater
Yellowlegs at Ellis?? Grrrr…. Where do these birds go? So I raced back. Success!
Snipe are there too. Scope needed.

I missed my chance I think for a Kentucky surf scoter. I got out so late today that
I didn’t have time to hit Meldahl Dam again. Most of the river there is Kentucky.
I was told that the best scanning for Kentucky there is still from the Ohio side.
Well maybe Tues. depending on when I can get out….  Adams county and botany
Comes first though.

Good birding all. Stuff is moving!

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini