OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2021 19:30:14 -0400
Had a great morning at Clear Creek MP with a good-sized mixed flock at Creekside Meadows then another flock on the tulip tree trail. Tennessee and Magnolias were the most numerous with about 4 to 6 of each seen. I had the 3 vireos in the Creekside flock.

Since the morning birding had been so good I decided to go to the Denison bio reserve late in the afternoon and picked up a few more species. I was also excited to see a Swainson’s Thrush that perched up nicely in the sun briefly.

Clear Creek
Warblers
Tennessee
Com YT
Hooded
Magnolia
N Parula
Chestnut-sided
BT Blue female
BT Green
Ovenbird

Vireos
Blue-headed
Yellow-throated
Red-eyed

Scarlet Tanager (heard only)
E Phoebe
E Peewee
Empid sp
Catbirds
Towhees

Logan Lk
Osprey
Great Egret
Great Blue Heron
Kingfisher
Wood Ducks

Wahkeena v quiet
A “Red” Redstart—only one I’ve seen this fall.
Another E Phoebe

Afternoon
Denison Bio Reserve
Warblers
Bay-breasted—still w/a hint of Bay color
Redstart—yellows
Magnolia
Nashville
Blackburnian

White-eyed & Red-eyed Vireos

Swainson’s Thrush—perched up in the late afternoon sun—gorgeous
Brown Thrasher
Pileated WP
Hairy WP
Downy WP
N Flicker
Red-bellied WP
Wood Duck
Com Grackle

E Bluebirds: 4 fledglings branching. V cute—3 lined up on one upright branch one above the other with the 4th on a nearby branch. Must be late brood. Looked like they were just out of the nest.

Peggy Wang
Granville

Sent from my iPhone