OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2015

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Femme Metal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Femme Metal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2015 14:11:27 -0500
Sorry for the late post on this...
Yesterday evening, around 5:20 PM, I spotted a Snowy Owl sitting on one of
the orange poles (just a pole, not one of the ones with the wide band of
lights at the top where I've often seen hawks) within the airport property
while I was driving past on Brookpark Rd.  It was easily seen from the
road.  Stopped in at the 100th Bomb Group parking lot to try to get another
look and it was still there.  Didn't have my camera with me, but thankfully
did have my binoculars in the car.

Hadn't made it out to the lakefront to look for the owls this year and
hadn't seen any when I was specifically at 100th Bomb Group over lunch
breaks looking for hawks and owls in late December and at the beginning
this year.  Funny how sightings happen sometimes.

I also saw a Red Tailed Hawk, on a tower across the side street from the
restaurant parking lot, as I left.
Happy Birding!
Kristen