OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2022 11:53:20 -0400
I had to do a lot of digging but I managed to find a few warblers this morning. I missed a couple as some were feeding high in thick leaves.

There was an interesting mixed flock when I first got there consisting of at least two, possibly three, Brown Thrashers, several catbirds, White-throated, Red-eyed & Yellow-throated Vireos, 2-3 Yellow-billed Cuckoos, Robins, a couple empid sp & one Blue-winged Warbler. It was near some fruiting trees/shrubs.

Saw my FOS Hermit Thrush.

Warblers—singles widely dispersed & foraging in deep cover
Blue-winged
Blackpoll
B&W
Magnolia