OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 2021 17:13:13 -0500
I am sooooo glad Jen canceled the boat trip! Oh my, this wind.....

There is 1 or 2 Pacific Loons around. I am presuming one. Birds
move. Believe me I was looking! Ended up with a Red throated loon!
Thats an ohio bird for me. I willed it to east fork. I need for the big year.
Scoters are moving. Had Black and WW. And unknown. Black/Surf.

The wind and cold got to me big time. I went inland and car birded.
Got Raven for Ohio! And had fish crow yesterday. Will try for WW Crossbill
again sunday morning at Cleveland nature preserve. No success today.
Then head home via Fairfield county. New county for me!

I can't believe the differences here this year. I was up here last year.
Has to be the weather. Hardly any birds around. And I am thinking
north winds is better for pushing stuff more into the shoreline.
Although Pacific loon by others on these SW winds is fantastic!

Weather notes - I had this same problem in nj. Cold and wind.
But trips to the shore are needed every winter! I hate cold. I hate
wind. My comfort zone is sun and 80. I am sitting in my motel
room with the heat set to 77.

Good birding all!

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini