OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2023 14:03:40 -0400
There’s migrants around, it was just very challenging today with the weather.
Light rain, overcast, and strong winds. And cold! I broke out my long underwear
Yet again…. 1 YT Vireo, 1 BH Vireo, 2 RE Vireo, 2 WE Vireo.
2 Common Yellowthroats were new for my big year. And Great Crested Fly. Ebird
Will let me know!

12 YR warblers. Probably more and also I probably missed something. A large feeding flock was at the start of the woods area after walking the fields. I thought that area looked good for migrants last time I was there. Yes, it is! No L. Waterthrush. The other end of that stream looks ok. I think. I may be at the point I'll search in fall migration
For that one. Not good!

I walked the red trail loop here.

Spotted Sandpiper at the Brate Rd. Ellis wetlands area. And Solitary. No Yellowlegs
Today. These wet areas change hourly…..

129 for the Butler big year. Goal is 200!

Winds will shift later this week. Of course, then I am working…..

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini