OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Tim Zelko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Zelko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2018 19:04:27 -0500
Karen, you seem to think it was a photographer but you don't truly know. Condemning all photographers is wrong. NOT all photographers are bad as you perceive. For all you know it could have been someone who isn't a bird watcher or photographer.
    I am a photographer and I like to photograph wildlife, but not at the expense of them. I do stay back an take pictures from afar. The other photographers I know feel the same way. That is why we buy expensive long lenses. We don't hesitate to tell anyone they are getting too close.
    Amature birders,photographers and the general public need to be taught the correct way to view. Unless you can prove it was a photographer you should not condem them. You do not know me or how I approach the situation. I could easily condem birders, but I have no proof.
    All I can say is it is a shame for everyone. Now no one gets a chance to see them. Same on us as a society for not caring enough to consider what is a safe distance to view or photograph from.

Tim

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid