OHIO-BIRDS Archives

May 2019

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2019 09:28:44 -0400
We stopped at Osborn Road at the gravel pits this morning. We parked at the
gates and stepped out of the car and the Bell's Vireo was right across the
road on the east side. We stood there a couple minutes and soon spotted it
in the shrubs along the fence. Go south on Osborn Road from Lower Valley
Pike just west of Medway, Ohio.

Then we drove to New Carlisle to look for the Swainson's Warbler. It is
still in the same location singing persistently. It sits at midlevel on open
branches. The problem is that there is so much honeysuckle it can be very
hard to see. Your best bet is to step off the trail into the honeysuckle.
There is a little path which is left of the bike path. There is now a piece
of bark on the ground next to the small trail into the woods.

Doug Overacker
Julie Karlson