OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2017

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Lisle Merriman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisle Merriman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2017 11:49:13 +0000
As an addendum to all this great info -- saw many WWCR in sweetgum trees (Liquidambar styraciflua) in Lake View Cemetery, Cleveland, fall/winter 2012-13, gorging themselves on the fruit (those spiny, but apparently delectable, seed balls).  Also saw them in sweetgums at the Bertram Woods Library in Shaker Heights, rather consistently.
Bird on!
Lisle M.