OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Doug Overacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2021 20:36:14 -0500
Julie and I checked out Indian Lake in Logan County this morning. From Old
Field Beach we saw a large flock of ducks but they were too far away to
identify. We drove to the Chippewa Marina and saw them from a bit closer. We
picked out Canvasbacks, scaup, and Redheads. There must have been about 2000
birds in the flock. We couldn't find any species except those three although
we could identify only a small portion of the ducks.

We also had 24 American White Pelicans fly over us.

Doug Overacker
Julie Karlson
Springfield, Ohio