OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2022

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2022 15:21:42 -0400
Love that place! I hit here before Fernald. Had to check for Buff breasted
In the morning. No. But 2 Baird’s and Pecs. And 5 Pipits! That place changes
All the time. I swung by here on my journey home from Fernald. Eh - not
Too far out of the way! Early afternoon. And just Killdeer. Three in one slow
Sweep. Then I ate my sandwich for a few minutes. Then 12 was it on my next
Scan! Same area……..

Ring billed Gulls we’re starting to arrive as I left. No Herring…..

Fernald was slow. With a late morning start and the pick up in the winds,
I didn’t have much. I did have a small flock in the woods at that vernal
Pond area. Sycamore trail. Yellow rumped warblers….. joy. They far outnumbered
Most everything else. Blue jay numbers were high also. No Canada…..
Andrew had one at long branch. I thought about chasing, but this isn’t a
Rare bird! Right…..

No Sept. Bufflehead. A glaring hole in my chart. Well, I’ll end up chasing one
Around the state somewhere. Next year.

Nature notes - Autumn Meadowhawks at Fernald. Quite a few Monarchs!
And a lone Appalachian Brown.

Good birding all. Time for errands.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini