OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 2021 18:17:51 -0500
As in I was looking for Tylers from yesterday!

Best spot was Hawley Rd. Wow! Geese and waterfowl still coming in as I had to
leave! I was actually starting to leave when I saw three Snow/Ross's fly in and land.
I only had for a couple seconds from my car. When i tried scanning well on the ground
I couldn't refind! That's how much the birds can disappear here in the corn stubble
and gullies. I tried! Three - Tyler had three Ross's yesterday. I was hoping! No
success! And with Snow Geese around also I am not willing to call. Not that I would
call my state Ross's with that look!

Still Horned Larks here. But not along the road. They are feeding in the fields
now with some snow melt.

When I was searching hard for the three white geese, I finally saw a Cackling.
So that worked out! Number 93? for my SW Ohio big year. I need to check my
excel chart.

And finally leaving, I saw a Rough legged fairly low, but heading south.
Nice! I would trade it for a Purple Finch though.....

I have had Tree Sparrows in my yard - beneath my neighbors feeders.
Again, how about a Red breasted Nuthatch!!

Good luck with a Grosbeak chase everyone! I might be able to head up
Wed.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini