OHIO-BIRDS Archives

January 2018

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nina Harfmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nina Harfmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2018 10:14:11 -0500
Yes, this list serve is a "learning place."
It is also primarily serving the *adult* Ohio birding community. While many
online communities require a minimum age for membership, I cannot remember
if this list serve does so.
That having been said, our behavior toward those under age might need to go
beyond "not being critical" to being patient with our young birders.
Young birders, as well, should remember that adult chat rooms (I'm using
this loosely) can become somewhat heated, as the behavior of some with this
level of interest assumes a mature audience.

Nina Harfmann
former advisor to the Ohio Young Birders Club