OHIO-BIRDS Archives

April 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2021 13:19:25 -0400
It was chilly and a bit windy this morning but I wrapped up my walk before a few snowflakes started blowing...just love OH weather...

Had some nice birds—heard an E Phoebe, my first for the reserve this season.

A pair of Wood Ducks flushed from one of the ponds when someone walked by with their dog.

At Wood Duck pond near some fallen trees that are partly in the water, there was a fair amount of activity. My guess is there must have been a hatch of insects attracting a mixed flock as the birds was furtively gleaning.

I picked up my FOS Swamp Sparrow there. Also had both kinglets—the Golden-crowned was flashing his crown. The Ruby-crowned seemed most curious about me, perching a few times just a couple feet from me. Both were singing. One bright male Yellow-rumped Warbler & a Song Sparrow were there as well. Grackles and Red-wingeds.

Had a couple more Golden-crowned Kinglets at Blue Minnow pond. White-throated Sparrow. Heard Towhees. Downy, Hairy and Red-bellied WPs.

Peggy Wang
Granville
Sent from my iPad