OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2023 16:23:21 -0400
First - the Red Phalarope is still at Caesar creek. It’s staying near the piers
At the marina. Scope desired for here. It’s a good bird! I hope everyone
Gets a chance to see! I am surprised it’s sticking.

I was after missing Butler birds - YB Fly, Wilson’s warbler, BW warbler. No….
Was a bit slow this morning. Hopefully Monday better! I hit the Miami
University bird blind area first. Probably should have headed straight to
Hueston Woods! Now I know. Slow here. And by the time I got to Hueston
It was mid morning. Birds already slowing down. I had some migrants in
Various areas. BT Green, redstart, Maggie, Tennessee, killer looks at Phila.
Vireo. Etc. waxwings and Blue Jays were around everywhere in numbers.

I had a field area loaded with butterflies. Had checkered skipper. That’s been
Awhile.

I tried for the franklins gull - no success at the Hueston Woods beach. Caught
Up with it at the Sugar Camp fishing pier. Then decided to try for it in butler.
Back to the dam I went! Took awhile. I could only see it in flight. 201.

Hit some College corner fields. Looking for collared dove and harrier. Nuttin….
Most fields still have crops.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini