OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2021

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2021 17:14:16 -0500
I wandered up to these spots today. Having missed Rusty Blackbirds this year I was hoping I might see the ones Rob Thorn mentioned he saw at Alum Creek Dam. I saw one bird perched at some distance but identifiable. Tickable if not terribly satisfying. Scanned for Snow Buntings but did not see any. Not much else there or at the spillway so I headed to oxbow.

Saw some decent birds there. Loads of Bonaparte’s Gulls. One perched imm Bald Eagle.

One smallish, distant raft of waterfowl:
Redhead
Scaup sp
Ruddy Duck
Hooded Merg
Horned Grebe
Beyond that group I saw one Common Loon.

A few juncos with a small group of talkative White-breasted Nuthatches, titmice and chickadees. I still haven’t seen juncos at my feeders in Granville.

Saw a couple Red-taileds and a kestrel on the drive.

Peggy Wang
Granville
Sent from my iPad