OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2023 18:12:08 -0400
Unsuccessful, but I will be trying this summer! I was at Miami Whitewater - main
Checking ponds and ditches. Then Shaker Trace Wetlands. I was studying the
Radar and thought not too much rain in that area this afternoon. I actually
Got that right! Another thought was Ellis - the swamp, but the rain was hitting
East. Anyway, still very birdy! Hooded Warbler, Summer Tanagers, etc. but no
Limpkin. They have to be around here……

I have been asked a few times what my big misses are so far in Butler. Since
I keep saying I am missing so much! Well, migrant warblers. Hopefully a better
Fall migration down here. RB Grosbeak. Breeders like Blue winged and Pine
Warbler. Thankfully I got most of the common shorebirds. Hopefully I can
Track down a Bairds this fall somewhere. Ellis wetlands is no more.
Sandhill Crane, Bonapartes Gull, Vesper Sparrow. Etc. etc. I was on vacation
When the Whistling Ducks and Avocets showed up. Of course!

I need other species, but haven’t tried yet. Sedge Wren - Andrew is looking
For me with that too! Now that Ellis is gone…. Lincoln’s Sparrow. Etc.

I am forgetting what winter birds I need. Pine Siskin would be nice.

200 is still possible. We will see! I am learning the county which was the goal.
Plus getting it over 200 life. Thanks to all the Butler regulars giving me advice!

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini