OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2016

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2016 15:45:08 +0000
Hi Folks,

This is a quick reminder that the deadline to register for the Ohio Avian Research Conference, at Denison University on October 22nd, is approaching rapidly.  If you register by October 14th the cost is only $15 for students and $25 for non-students and includes a continental breakfast, lunch buffet, and afternoon snacks as well as all of the oral and poster presentations and table displays.  http://tuckercasey.wixsite.com/aacri-birds/oarc2016

If you have any interest in improving your birding skills, or have an interest in bird conservation, or are interested in birds in general then you should plan on attending this conference and take advantage of learning from these amazing experts and researchers.  Additionally, by attending this conference you are supporting future bird researchers, conservationists, and teachers.

Here are some other ways you can support birds and science:

The Tetrapod Collection at the OSU Museum of Biological Diversity has just launched a campaign to raise funds to roll irreplaceable specimens out to safety should an emergency occur in the museum. We want to purchase a new museum-quality cabinet on wheels which will allow us to quickly roll specimens out of harm's way. These are standard in most museum collections and are utterly critical for our valuable specimens. Help us reach our target of $5,500 for the purchase of a mobile cabinet for our extinct specimens and in return learn more about our specimen collection throughout all of October. Find out more and donate to our project at: https://buckeyefunder.osu.edu/project/2706. Your generosity of any amount will have a tremendous impact on the success of our project and we are very grateful.

Additionally, Columbus Audubon is offering conservation research small grants up to $5,000; if you're interested stop by the CA table at the Ohio Avian Research Conference.

So don't hesitate.  Get registered today and come out and enjoy this unique and fun learning opportunity to support birds, conservation and research.

Thanks,

Casey Tucker

Roll It Out - Help us get Endangered Species to Safety<https://buckeyefunder.osu.edu/project/2706>
buckeyefunder.osu.edu
Help The Ohio State University raise $5,500 for the project: Roll It Out - Help us get Endangered Species to Safety. Your gift will make a difference!