OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2023

OHIO-BIRDS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2023 12:39:45 -0400
Always nice to see! But I headed up to that Seward Rd. Retaining pond to see
About shorebirds. Less than last night….. killdeer and Least. I give up predicting….
I have my places to check! I wonder if those Little Blues and Snowys were
Attracted to the big roost and nesting area at Gilmore? Birds of a feather and all….
It’s obviously good feeding around. I hope the rain hits that huge retention
Pond. It’s getting very low water levels.

These birds were not new for my big year. I had in the spring. No gulls, no terns…..
I was thinking of Furfield on the way home, but the weather closed in. I had a
Small window with light rain. Lasted long enough for a study of the herons and
Egrets!

I just ran my year needs list for Butler - August to Sept.
magnolia warbler, bay breasted warbler, rose breasted grosbeak, yellow bellied
Fly, cape May warbler, gray cheeked thrush, Bairds sandpiper, buffie, Wilson’s
And Canada. Sedge wren, harrier!! Black throated blue, northern waterthrush, veery,
Henslows sparrow, Phila. Vireo, Lincoln’s sparrow, Caspian and Forsters tern. I thought
I had Caspian?? That’s why I check! Black tern. Etc. etc. etc. etc.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini